Aakanksha Bhargava (GMBA Class of 2006) joined her father’s business, PM Relocations Pvt. Ltd. (PMR), in 2007, at a time when it had 38 employees and three offices. At 21 years old, she went on to handle PMR’s corporate sales, marketing, and operations, among other departments. Aakanksha’ s leadership saw that in just 10 years, PMR expanded its base to 14 offices across India, including Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. The bottom-line grew manifold from a turnover of INR 3 crores in 2010 to closing around 50+ crores in 2017.
Today, as the CEO and President of PMR, she is leading one of the most exciting and fast-growing businesses in India. Taking cue from her father and idol Mr. Rajeev Bhargava (MD – PMR), Aakanksha didn’t let the male-dominated industry’s rigid ways keep her down. Being an Industry expert, Aakanksha frequently contributes to various international and national industry publications such as the FIDI Focus, IAM – The Portal, The Movers, and Cargo talk, and has travelled to over 35 countries. Her entrepreneurial journey was featured by both Your Story and Young Turks, one of leading entrepreneur based shows in India.
With Aakanksha’ s vision, PMR is well on its way to executing its ambitious growth plans. PMR has grown not just in terms of providing world-class packing and moving services, but creating a complete relocation ecosystem where all services are available under one roof. Right from immigration to home search, city orientation, school search, utility services, orientation and departure program’s. PMR is spearheading the organized relocation business in India. Its next steps, under Aakanksha’ s very able leadership, will decide the course that the industry takes.
Some of the Prestigious Awards:
To commemorate her outstanding achievements Aakanksha was awarded with the:
1. “Women of Worth” award at Outlook Business Awards 2017
2. Awarded ‘Exceptional Women of Excellence 2017’ by All Ladies League & Women Economic Forum
3. Awarded ‘Outstanding People Management Approach used by FMB’ by SPJIMR in 2017
4. ‘Woman Entrepreneur of the Year’ at the Franchise India Awards 2016
5. ‘Best Woman Leader’ award at the Business Today SME Awards in 2015
Under her leadership, the company has also won many Industry awards such as:
1. PMR was presented with the prestigious Silver Award for ‘Commitment to Excellence’ by the ‘Cartus Global Network’ in
2017 and Platinum Award for ‘Commitment to Excellence’ by the ‘Cartus Global Network’ in 2016.
2. PAIMA’s Tonnage Star for Contributing the highest tonnage from South Asian Region in 2017 & 2016 respectively.
3. PAIMA’s Highest Tonnage Contribution from South Asian Region from the year 2011 to year 2015. The company was also
recognised as PAIMA’s Tonnage Star Achiever in the year 2016.
Links to Some of PMR’s Notable Media Coverages
1. Outlook Business – Women of worth – http://bit.ly/2zzUs8O
2. Business Today – http://bit.ly/2stmq1W
3. Business India – http://bit.ly/2woXooh
4. Economics Times – http://bit.ly/2bhkyPm
5. YourStory – http://her.yourstory.com/aakanksha-bhargava-0607
6. Business Standard – http://bit.ly/2aABp2k
7. Sheroes – http://bit.ly/2aQ5I2s
8. Relocate Magazine – http://bit.ly/22XDFlS
9. Mind Your Business – http://bit.ly/2aL32Vs
10. My Big Plunge – http://bit.ly/2amBllW
11. Yo Success – http://bit.ly/2bimqYJ
12. People Matters – http://bit.ly/2aFpnRn
13. IAM Portal – http://bit.ly/2aL4VEE
14. The Movers.co.uk – http://bit.ly/2aArnPj
15. Employment News – http://bit.ly/2bfafzW
1. Young Turks – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brH9jtFZtSk
2. ET Now – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQNTcmyaWKs&t=19s
3. Bloomberg – Rising Stars – http://bit.ly/2bf1chh
4. ANI TV – http://bit.ly/2aChTUJ
5. Business Today Awards – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uw8bu3QgHk