Meet Prof. Shrinivas Shikaripurkar, a Gold Medallist in Marketing, an IIM-Calcutta graduate, and the author of ‘Advertising Design & Media Planning’.
With over 2 decades of industry experience across the USA, UK and Singapore, Prof. Shikaripurkar is an honourary member of the CII Task Force on Renewable Energy. HE has taught 10,000+ students from over 25 nationalities in the past 2 decades, and currently teaches the Sustainability and CSR module to SP Jain’s undergraduate students.
PROF. SHIKARIPURKAR’S NOTABLE AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Strategic Marketing Advisor to a Swedish Hospitality major in partnership with Stanford Seed Initiative
- Secured ‘Excellent’ grade in the subject of ‘Strategic Management’ at IIM Calcutta, India (2008)
- Gold Medallist in Marketing (Gold medal awarded by Dr John Wells, Professor of Harvard Business School, USA) (2001)
- Winner of ‘Diamond Jubilee Crest’ for excellence in curricular and co-curricular activities at Ramnarain Ruia College, India (1996)
- Winner of the prestigious ‘Shield of Honour’ for excellence in curricular and co-curricular activities at Ramnarain Ruia College, India (1995)
So, what does Prof. Shikaripurkar’s life look like inside and outside the SP Jain classroom? We caught up with him over a quick interview to find out.
Q. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I enjoy short walks.
Q. What sort of morning routine do you have to get jazzed for class?
Enjoying a morning walk, taking a shower, eating a nutritious breakfast, and reading an interesting book get me all jazzed up.
Q. Could you tell us a fun fact about you? What would students be surprised to find out about you?
When I was a student, I was a tourist guide for French visitors coming to India. Did you know that I speak French fluently?
Q. If you could pass on any wisdom to your students, what would you share?
Work hard. Be sincere to yourself. Participate in outdoor activities. Sleep early.
Q. Is there a quote or saying that you live your life by?
Work is worship.
Click here to read more articles from SP Jain Community.